In order pitch against the likes of the current breed of compact sedans in India, Tata Motors will soon introduce the Tigor in the Indian car market. Based on the Tata Tiago, the Tigor is essentially an ‘extended boot’ version of the former with minute additions done in order to provide it with an accentuated premium feel. Called the India’s first ‘Styleback’, the launch date of the same has been scheduled for 29th of March and after its debut, the same will pitch against the likes of current segment leaders like the Maruti Swift Dzire and Hyundai Xcent. Want to know more about the Tata Tigor? Here we bring you 8 quick facts about this sub 4-meter sedan.
1. Stylish exterior profile: The Tata Tigor is essentially a Tata Tiago with an extended boot at the back when it comes to exterior styling. As a result of this, this compact sedan looks quite stylish and contemporary, curtsey Tata Motor’s IMPACT design philosophy. The extended dimensions of the Tigor looks well proportioned and not in any way an unnecessary add-on.
2. Good quality interiors: Since the Tigor borrows its interior design from that of the Tiago, it gets a good quality cabin. The layout and the cosmetic features remain the same. The upholstery is premium and is not to feel sub-standard. Do Read: Tata Nexon production version appears without camouflage: Launching soon in India
3. Features rich cabin: The Tigor’s cabin is to come loaded with features like steering mounted controls, climate control, 2-din audio system with ConnectNEXT, Harman Kardon surround sound system, centre arm rest in the rear bench among the others.
4. A safe car: When it comes to safety, the Tata Tigor is to come equipped with dual-front airbags as standard along with ABS and EBD. Also Read: Tamo Racemo to be sold in India as a kit car
5. Powerful yet efficient engines: The Tigor will share the same set of engine specifications as that of the Tata Tiago. Hence the petrol derivative is to get a 1.2-litre Revotron engine while the diesel derivative is to come with a 1.03-litre Revotorq motor. The former is good for 84bhp along with 114Nm peak torque while the latter can churn out 69Bhp along with 140Nm of peak torque. The transmission responsibilities are to be handled by a 5-speed manual gearbox.
6. An efficient car: The petrol derivative of the Tata Tigor is expected to give a mileage of 23.84km/l while the diesel derivative is good for 27.28km/l.
7. A spacious vehicle: The Tata tigor, much like the Tiago will be rich when it comes to cubby holes and storage spaces on board. Not only this, the Tigor is speculated to get a boot capacity of 420-liters, which is going to be the best in class.
8. Competitive Price tag: Highly localized in nature, the Tigor will be quite competitively priced with prices expected to fall in the range of INR 4.5 to 6 lakh (ex-showroom).