To take on the well established players in the sub-compact SUV segment in India, Tata Motors is to introduce the Nexon by the second half of 2017 in our country. First showcased in its concept form, the Nexon recently broke cover at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show alongside the Tigor compact sedan and the Racemo sportcar. The homegrown automaker has already started testing the same in India and OnCars.in have managed to spot one such outing. Here is the Tata Nexon price in India and other details summed up in 10 quick points!
1. Just like the Tata Tiago, Hexa and Tigor, the Nexon too is based on the automaker’s IMPACT design philosophy. The front gets Tata’s Humanity line grille, a familiar facia indigenous to cars coming out of Tata Motor’s stables. The side profile gets sturdy shoulder lines which ride up and into a compact yet stylish rear facia.
2. Talking about Tata Nexon’s exterior features, this compact SUV is to get LED projector headlamps, LED DRLs, 17-inch alloy wheels, LED tail-lights, roof rails, dual-tone paint schemes, black plastic cladding among the others.
3. Dimensionally, the Tata Nexon will measure 3,995mm in length, 1,600mm in height, 1,730mm in width and has a wheelbase of 2,470mm. It is expected to come with a ground clearance of about 200mm, enough to tackle even the toughest Indian roads. Do Read: Tata Motors unveils the Nexon sub-compact SUV at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show
4. Stepping inside the cabin, one is to realize that Tata Motors has ensured that the buyers of the Nexon are to get a premium feel, both in terms of visual as well as material quality. The sub-compact SUV gets a neat and uncluttered dashboard layout, the design of which seems to take its inspiration from the one seen on a few European cars.
5. Nexon’s cabin too comes loaded with a whole array of creature comforts and features. One is to get a multi-functional steering wheel, touchscreen multi-media system, satellite navigation, automatic climate control, cruise control, Harman Kardon surround sound system, rear-parking camera with sensors, cooled glove box, to name a few. You may also like: Tata Nexon Vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza: Comparison
6. Talking about safety, the Tata Nexon is to get dual air-bags and ABS with EBD as standard features. The top of the line trims are to get additional equipment like Electronic Stability Control and Electronic Brake Assist to name a few.
7. Coming to the engine specifications of the Tata Nexon; this sub-compact SUV will be made available in both petrol as well as diesel derivatives. The petrol motor is likely yo get the same 1.2-litre Revotron motor which does its duty on the Tiago with the diesel derivative being a 1.5-litre Revotorq unit. Also Read: Tata Nexon Compact SUV likely to feature 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine
8. The transmission responsibilities are to be taken care of by a 5-speed manual gearbox for the petrol trim while the diesel motor is to feature a 6-speed manual unit. To make the Nexon a further desirable preposition, the automaker is expected to also introduce and AMT equipped version of the same.
9. Talking about prices, much like the Tiago, we expect the Nexon too to uncut its rivals by an acceptable margin. Going by this, be expect the prices of the Tata Nexon in India to start at a base amount of INR 6.4 lakh with the top of the line model retailing at 9.5 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
10. With this, the Nexon will compete against the likes of Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport and the Mahindra TUV300.