– The modified 1967 Ford Mustang, known as 'Eleanor', which was driven by actor Nicolas Cage in the iconic movie 'Gone in 60 Seconds' is going up for auction in Indianapolis on May 18,2013. The current owner Ray Claridge of Cinema Vehicle Services and tuner specialist Chip Foose has jointly created the said Mustang. Although other replicas of this car have been built, this is the real deal, the one used for all close-ups, promotional materials, and posters.
– Tata Motors has launched a new initiative called Tata Motors TechFest. which aims at bringing together about 25,000 technicians, spread across the company's 1,300 commercial vehicle dealerships and authorized service stations, to upgrade their skills. It will consist of a 5 stage competition based on technical and theory tests, which will analyze the quality of technicians and provide necessary skills training, wherever possible.
– After Hyundai and then Honda, it is Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd who have announced a price hike of some of its models by 1 to 2 per cent to offset the rise in input costs and inflation.
– The first images of the 2014 Porsche Panamera Facelift and the Panamera S Hybrid have been released on to the Internet ahead of its scheduled debut at the upcoming 2013 Shanghai Motor Show.
– Toyota India has just launched two new entry-level variants of its luxurious sedan, the Corolla Altis. Called as the 1.8 JS for the petrol-powered model and D-4D JS for the diesel model, both the new entry-level variants are on sale for Rs 11.74 lakh and Rs 13.16 lakh respectively. All prices are ex-showroom, Delhi.
– Maserati has released the first teaser image of of the 2014 Maserati Ghibli, which will be officially showcased at the 2013 Shanghai Motor Show later this month. The Maserati Ghibli will rival models like the BMW 5-Series, Mercedes-Benz E-Class or the Audi A6. A total of 50,000 units annually are expected to be sold by 2015.
– The Japanese automaker, Mitsubishi has recently announced a recall for the Mirage in Malaysia, because of a possible problem with braking. According to the car manufacturer, a total of 1,869 units of the Mitsubishi Mirage cars will be affected by this recall in Malaysia.
– Just a few days after celebrating its 11 year anniversary in the U.S, Mini is now celebrating another milestone – this British brand sold its 500,000th vehicle in the United States yesterday. Mini has increased its U.S sales from 24,590 units in 2002 to 66,123 units in 2012.
– Nissan India has reported to have registers a 11 per cent year-on-year increase in total sales. The company sold 36,975 vehicles in 2012 against 33,270 units in 2011.
– Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd has registered a 17 per cent growth in the FY 2012-13 with total sales of 5,63,373 units. As for the sales made in March 2013, Mahindra registered a 11 per cent increase in sales, with 25,847 units sold as compared to 22,961 cars sold during March last year.
– Skoda reveals Superb Facelift ahead of the car's world premier at the 2013 Shanghai Motor Show. The car will reach European showrooms in June this year.