As Hyundai preps ups its product line-up with new or facelift models, another when expected to joins it portfolio is the Creta facelift. To arrive in the Indian car market by the year 2018, the new iteration of Hyundai’s compact SUV is to feature a number of cosmetic updates along with a number of feature updates as well. It is to be believed that after this minor update, Hyundai will introduce a fully fledged, next-generation model of the Creta in the year 2020. To know more about what the new Hyundai Creta 2018 packs in, here we bring you 10 quick facts to know about the same.
1. The new Hyundai Creta 2018, with the facelift is to get a slightly revamped exterior profile. The changes done are to include a new cascading grille, mildly restyled front bumper with reworked housing for the fog-lamps, redesigned tail-lamps, with minutely restyled rear bumper. basic silhouette of the SUV will remain identical to the current gen model.
2. Talking about the cabin of the Creta facelift, the same is to get no visual changes whatsoever. The only updated we are to see will be done on the basis of features. The Creta will continue to come with the same up-market cabin that comes with premium fabric upholstery and a practical layout. Do Read: New Hyundai Verna 2017: 10 quick facts to know
3. The new Hyundai Creta 2018 could get a new touchscreen infotainment system, improved safety features while it will continue to come with features like automatic climate control, multi-functional steering wheel, rear parking sensors with camera among the others.
4. In terms of its engine specifications, the Creta facelift is to get the same petrol and diesel engine as the current model gets. The former will get a 1.6-litre VTVT unit while the latter is offered with a choice of a 1.4-litre and a 1.6-litre CRDi oil burner. Also Read: Hyundai teases the first image of its sub-compact SUV: To be called Hyundai Kona
5. Taking care of the transmission responsibilities is to be a 6-speed manual unit as standard. However, buyers will also be able to opt for a 6-speed automatic unit, available with both the 1.6-litre petrol and the 1.6-litre diesel unit.
6. The new Hyundai Creta 2018 facelift’s petrol engine is to boast of a mileage figure of 15.29km/l, the 1.4-litre diesel unit promising 21.38km/l with the 1.6-litre unit offering 19.67km/l with the MT and 17.07km/l with the AT. Also Read: Next-generation Hyundai i20 set to arrive in India by the year 2020
7. It is expected, that with the facelift, the Creta is to get mild-hybrid technology, in both its petrol as well as diesel derivatives. However, with the withdraw of the benefits under the FAME scheme recently, Hyundai might just give up on this very strategy.
8. Talking about the prices of the new Hyundai Creta 2018 facelift, despite the feature updates, is likely to remain the same as before. Hence the base model is expected to start from INR 9.5 lakh to 13.5 lakh (ex-showroom).
9. Talking about the launch date of the new Hyundai Creta facelift, the same is expected to make its debut in India sometime during the second half of the year 2018.
10. In terms of its competition, this compact SUV from the South Korean automaker will continue to compete against the likes of Renault Duster, Nissan Terrano and Honda BR-V.