The c-segment for sedans this year is going to witness the launch of multiple new entities. Currently dominated by Maruti's offering, the Ciaz, this segment has now seen the arrival of the new Honda City 2017 and which is to soon followed by the debut of the Hyundai Verna 2017, both of which are going to compete primarily against each other for snatching the top step. In order to see which one out of the two is going to be the best pick of the lot, we compare them against each other in 10 quick points!
1. The Honda City Facelift 2017 features a design language which will be inspired Griez sedan currently on sale in China, hence the same is comparatively sharper and edgier than before, that to only on the front and rear side of the vehicle. The Hyundai Verna will be a completely new vehicle from the ground up and is to be based upon automaker’s Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 design language. Read Also: New Honda City 2017 Vs 2016 – Key differences
2. The 2017 City comes with exterior features like LED headlamps, LED fog-lamps, LED DRLs and LED tail-lamps along with newly designed alloy wheels. The Hyundai Verna 2017 will get LED DRLs, LED projector headlamps along with 17-inch alloy wheels.
3. On the inside, the dashboard design of the Honda City facelift is similar to the of the 2016 model. The colour scheme is to be primarily black in nature with various silver highlights scattered along the cabin, which provide a slightly sporty touch. The Hyundai Verna however gets a completely revamped dashboard design which is to be comparatively premium in nature. Read Also: New Honda City 2017 vs Maruti Suzuki Ciaz : Price, specification and features
4. In terms of features, the Honda City 2017 comes with a new 7-inch touchscreen multimedia system while the existing features will include cruise control, sun-roof, rear parking sensors, multi-functional steering wheel. The Hyundai Verna 2017 is to come with a 7-inch touchscreen multimedia system, automatic climate control, sunroof, cruise control, parking sensors among the others.
5. In terms of engine specifications, the Honda City gets a 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol engine while handling the diesel department is a 1.5-litre i-DTEC engine. In the Hyundai Verna, there are likely to be 2 petrol and 2 diesel engines on offer. The former will be a pair of a 1.4-litre and a 1.6-litre VTVT powertrains while the latter will be 1.4-litre and 1.6-litre CRDi mils. Read Also: 2017 Honda City facelift Vs 2017 Hyundai Verna: Comparison Reportup
6. Handling the transmission responsibilities in the Honda City for the petrol derivative is a 5-speed gearbox with the option of a CVT with 7-speed paddle shifters while for the diesel derivative, is a 6-speed assembly. For the Hyundai Elantra, the petrol will get a 5-speed manual gearbox, the diesel a 6-speed manual gearbox and both of them can also be chosen with a 4-speed automatic version as well.
7. The Honda City 2017 is provides a mileage of 17km/l for the petrol version with the diesel motor expected to provide an efficiency figure of 25.6km/l. For the Hyundai Verna 2017, the petrol version are to provide a mileage of 15km/l and 18km/l for the 1.6-litre and 1.4-litre respectively while the diesel engine are likely to give a mileage of 23km/l and 25km/l for the 1.6-litre and 1.4-litre engine respectively.
8. The Honda City facelift 2017 comes with safety equipment like ABS with EBD, dual air-bags while the 2017 Hyundai Verna will also get ABS with EBD and dual air-bags as standard fitments.
9. The Honda City facelift has launched in India on the 14th of February this year while the Hyundai Verna 2017 is likely to make its debut sometime during the first half of 2017 itself.
10. Talking about the prices, the Honda City facelift 2017 falls in the bracket of INR 8.49 lakh to INR 13.56 lakh while the Hyundai Verna 2017 is expected to fall in the range of INR 7 lakh to 14 lakh (ex-showroom).