Mahindra and Mahindra has today announced the launch of the new age XUV500 whoch now comes with a whole array of new features, starting from its W6 variant. Available at a price of INR 13.6 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi), the creature comforts now available in the XUV500 are aimed towards the urban buyers with some of them being first in the segment. Not only this, the XUV500’s top spec W10 variant will now be offered with an all new Lake-Side Brown colour with premium Black interiors.
These new features promises to enhance connectivity, provide more convenience, add safety and assist in optimizing fuel efficiency. The key features introduced include:
1. Android Auto – This technology offers easy access to calls, messaging, navigation, music and Google search by connecting the user’s Android device with the infotainment system of the XUV500. Android Auto automatically pulls useful information from the user’s android device and organizes it into simple cards that appear just when they are needed on the infotainment system. Android Auto is designed keeping in mind the safety of the driver and the passengers. With a simple and intuitive interface, integrated steering controls and powerful voice actions, it is designed to minimize distraction and enable the driver to stay focused on the road. Do Read: Mahindra XUV500 completes five years in India
2. Connected Apps – The XUV500’s infotainment system now offers an industry-first feature – Connected Apps. Connected Apps provides a host of essential and exciting Apps like Gaana, Cricket Live, Zomato, Book My Show and others on the infotainment system. The user can access these apps through the infotainment system even if these are not available in the mobile device. This requires the user to connect the infotainment system with a wi-fi hot spot. Apps in the XUV500 provide India-specific entertainment, music, live cricket updates, flash news, and information on best restaurants, amongst others, all at the click of a button.
3. Ecosense – An Industry first by Mahindra, Ecosense Technology helps in optimizing fuel consumption and reduces CO2 emissions by assisting the driver in driving more efficiently. For every trip, the user gets an Ecoscore out of 100, based on driving parameters like – speed, gear selection, acceleration, idling, clutch override and aggressive breaking. During the trip, the infotainment system keeps displaying an instantaneous Ecoscore and an average Ecoscore. Do Read: Next-Generation Mahindra Scorpio likely to launch in India by the year 2020
Ecosense Technology allows the user to share his/her Ecoscore on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp. The user gets easy access to the Ecosense data and history on the infotainment system as well as on the Bluesense app and the With You Hamesha website.
4. Emergency Call – E-Call in the XUV500 is a first-in- class feature that provides access to emergency services in the unfortunate event that airbags get deployed. This feature automatically calls the emergency service and also sends a text alert to 2 pre-set numbers through a paired mobile phone.
5. One Touch Lane Change Indicator