Ford EcoSport is the first of the many compact SUVs that will be unveiled in New Delhi, this week. We bring you live updates from the venue, of the Fiesta based crossover which is been specifically developed for the emerging markets. Ford had announced few months back that they will launch up to eight new models in India in this decade. They had also mentioned later that Ford India’s focus would be on compact vehicles like the Figo since that is what the Indian market demands. Ford’s Eco-sport is one model that stays true to both the statements that Ford passed.
– Launch is delayed a bit, Ford's top boss Alan Mullaly's fight way delayed
– Here is the first picture from the venue.
– Drive smart, green and safe is the message.
– Micheal Boneham is addressing crowd, first up – Ford's performance in India.
– “One Ford” (for all markets) is the new mantra. The EcoSport is built with the strategy.
– Here is the photo of the EcoSport
– EcoSport is extremely good looking from every aspect.
– Looks based in Ford's Kinetic Design Philosophy.
– The Orange EcoSport is unveiled
– It is Orange, as in the teaser and big.
– The most important news is that the EcoSport is production ready!!
– It will be fitted with 1.0-litre turbocharged 3 cylinder engine producing 120PS.
– This is the smallest engine from Ford.
– The engine is called the EcoBoost, and Ford says this is the most techonlogically advanced engine from them.
– The 1.0-litre EcoBoost turbocharged engine will have performace of a 1.6-lite naturally aspirated engine.
– EcoSport will slot between Figo and Fiesta 2011.
– EcoSport will have high fuel efficiency for a crossover.
– 1.5-litre diesel will follow soon.
– EcoSport is expected to be launched by mid-2012
– Expect prices to start around 6 lakh.