To compete with the likes of Ford Endeavour, Toyota Fortuner and the Chevrolet Trailblazer in the full-sized SUV spectrum, Isuzu is going to launch the much awaited MU-X SUV in the Indian car market on the 11th of May this year. Based on the D-Max pick-up truck, the MU-X will replace the existing MU-7 SUV. This SUV will be assembled in the India and imported as a CKD unit. Ahead of its launch, here we bring you 5 things that you should know about this upcoming 7-seater SUV in India.
1. The Isuzu MU-X‘s exterior profile will remind you quite a lot of the D-Mas pick-up truck from the front and the Chevrolet Trailblazer from the rear. It gets a chin-up stance, a thick chrome grill, LED projector headlamps, black plastic cladding, molded wheel arches, multi-spoke 18-inch diamond cut alloy wheels and roof-rails. Towards the rear, the Isuzu MU-X gets a rather compact styling with wraparound LED tail-lamps, skid plates among the others exterior features.
2. The cabin on the Isuzu MU-X will be heavily inspired from the D-Max pick-up truck. It is to feature a dual-tone colour scheme and come woth soft touch, leather wrapped upholstery. To further accentuate the premium feel, there are piano black elements on the center console and on the door trims. The Isuzu MU-X will come 7-seater layout. Also Read: Isuzu MU-X Vs Toyota Fortuner: Price, features and specifications comparison
3. Talking about features, the Isuzu MU-X is going to come loaded with creature comforts like multi-functional steering wheel, automatic climate control, touchscreen infotainment system, cruise control, cooled glove box, leather wrapped steering wheel, leather upholstery to name a few, In terms of safety, the Isuzu MU-X is to come with ABS, EBD, Traction Control System, rear parking camera with sensors, ISOFIX child mounts on the 2nd row of seats etc. Also Read: Isuzu MU-X brochure details unofficially revealed ahead of its launch
4. Now to the engine specifications of the Isuzu MU-X, these are to include the likes of a a 3.0-litre, 4-cylinder DOHC diesel engine which is capable of producing 174Bhp along with 380nm of peak torque. The transmission responsibilities will be taken care of by a 5-speed automatic unit. Both 4×4 and 4×2 drivetrain will be on offer.
5. Talking about the prices, the Isuzu MU-X is expected to fall in the price range of INR 25 to 30 lakh (ex-showroom).