The 2017 SsangYong Rexton, based on the automaker’s LIV-2 SUV concept has finally been revealed to the world at the ongoing Seoul Motor Show. The Mahindra owned Korean automobile giant will bring in this 7-seater premium SUV to the Indian car market as well, but the same will sport a Mahindra badge. Upon its debut in our country, which is expected to happen towards the end of this year, the next-generation Rexton will compete against the likes of Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour. Here are 10 key facts to know about the same.
1. The 2017 SsangYong Rexton is based on the LIV-2 SUV concept and hence takes quite a lot of its design inspirations from the same. In the production model however, one is to find chunkier bumper, toned down headlamps, and black body cladding which surround the entire length of the vehicle.
2. The cabin is to get a dual-tone colour scheme of black and brown. The layout is quite simple and sophisticated. The materials used are up-market, accentuating the vehicle’s overall premium feel. There is extensive use of leather, on the upholstery, dashboard as well as on the steering wheel.
3. The 2017 SsangYong Rexton is feature packed. It comes with a 9.2-inch touchscreen infotainment system which comes with Apple Car play and Android auto. The same also comes with a 3D view monitoring system which allows the driver to navigate the vehicle to be navigated through tight surroundings. There is also a 10-speaker sound system along with a smart key function which automatically locks the cars’s door once the keys are at a certain distance from the vehicle.
4. The next-generation Rexton is also to score quite high when it comes to its safety features on-board. It is to feature 9 airbags, autonomous driver assists which also include automatic braking, blind spot detection system among the others.
5. Talking about the engine specifications, when the Rexton makes its debut in India, the same will be powered by a 2.2-litre diesel engine from Mahindra’s stable. The power generation capabilities of this unit lies at 184Bhp along with 420Nm of peak torque. There could also be a 2.0-litre petrol engine on offer at later stage. Also Read: SsangYong Motor Company records a 10.5 percent growth in its sales for December 2016
6. Talking about the prices, the 2017 Rexton when launched in India is expected to fall in the range of INR 25 to 30 lakh, making it compete against the likes of Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour.
7. Also due to this price bracket, the this 7-seater SUV will take up its place as the flagship product for Mahindra and Mahindra in the Indian car market, sitting above the currently on sale Mahindra XUV500
8. It is expected that the 2017 Rexton, is to launch in the Indian car market by the end of this year.