Come tomorrow and Hyundai Motor India will launch the 2017 Xcent facelift in the Indian car market. With this update, the compact sedan comes with a number of new additions and modifications. Majority of the changes done can be seen on the exterior design front with a small number of then being incorporated inside the cabin as well. To take a stock of as to what is new with the 2017 Hyundai Xcent facelift, here we bring you a quick 5 point comparison between it and the 2014 Xcent!
1. Up-front, the 2017 Hyundai Xcent gets a completely redesign front=bumper. It now comes with broader hexagonal grille which is heavily highlighted by chrome, around the edges and on the multi-slates. Below it is the new sleek air dam which curves it self around the edges of the now rectangular fog-lamps. The 2014 model however got black hexagonal grille and large housing for fog-lamps and a much simpler looking bumper.
2. The side profile of both these cars remains the same as before; however, it is towards the back that one is to observe a drastic difference. The 2017 Hyundai Xcent comes with remodeled boot-lid that now houses new, Creta inspired tail-lamps; also there is a small boot-lid mounted spoiler. The 2014 Hyundai Xcent however came with much smaller tail-lamps, an angular registration plate housing and slightly augmented bumper. Do Read: 2017 Hyundai Xcent facelift reaches dealerships; to get a new 1.2-litre diesel engine
3. Talking about the cabin, the 2017 Hyundai Xcent and the 2014 Xcent, both are to feature a similar cabin layout. The changes which are to be seen on the 2017 model is the introduction of a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system which offers Apple Car Play and Android Auto Connectivity. There will also be a reverse parking camera with sensors. The earlier model came with a simple 2-din infotainment system. Do Read: 2017 Hyundai Xcent facelift vs 2017 Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire: Expected price, features and specifications
4. Another major change which is to be seen on the 2017 Hyundai Xcent is the introduction of a new 1.2-litre diesel engine. The power generation capability of this oil-burner stands at 73Bhp along with 190Nm of peak torque. The 2014 model came with a 1.1-litre unit, producing 71bhp along with 159Nm of peak torque. The transmission responsibilities will be taken care of by a 5-speed manual gearbox. The petrol derivative continues to be the same 1.2-litre VTVT unit. Also Read: 2017 Hyundai Xcent facelift vs Honda Amaze: Expected price, features and specifications
5. Finally to the prices, the 2017 Hyundai Xcent is expected to be priced in the range of INR 5.6 lakh to 8.5 lakh, a litte above what the current model retails at. The base variant of the 2014 Hyundai Xcent cost INR 5.4 lakh with the top of the line variant costing INR 8.06 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) to own.
Image Source: Team BHP