Riding a two-wheeler is a risky business and more so during Diwali, when you don’t know if someone’s lighting an untrustworthy firecracker round the corner. Two wheeler riders are sitting ducks on roads, they can fall by making the slightest of mistakes by themselves or from others. We list out some measures that you can take while riding on treacherous Delhi roads to maintain safety and happiness alike this Diwali.
1) Helmet is a sacrosanct entity, always wear a shell over your head to prevent any injury to head from fall or any stray firecracker in the air.
2) Ride the bike at speeds at manageable speeds to allow any scope for error and meet any contingencies.
3) Wearing riding suit is certainly not possible while running around during Diwali, so we advise you to wear well-fitted cotton clothes and shoes while riding.
4) Make sure you carry only a single pillion rider with you to be on the right side of the law and avoid tripling.
5) A biker should always prevent going at any secluded spot during the night for safety.
6) Always keep the bike in best running condition as you don’t want to get caught in a sticky situation at night when there is no mechanic on call to fix the problems in your bike.
7) Ride cautiously in crowded areas and ask people with anticipating and optimistic faces, if they have lighted several crackers at once, so you can avoid any of them from bursting in close vicinity of yours.
8) Always keep your insurance papers and other relevant documents related to the vehicle with yourself while riding.
9) Place the bike under a covered area like a parking lot and it will be best if you store a portable fire extinguisher as it will come in handy in case of any blaze.
10) Do not use bike covers for they are not fire proof and can easily catch fire aggravating the extent of damage to the bike.